Winter can be a horrible time for people suffering from Psoriasis. Symptoms of Psoriasis flare up during the winter season due to dry air, decreased exposure to sunlight and so on. Luckily you can safeguard your skin by reducing the risk of Psoriasis with Homeopathy. Homeopathy treatment for Psoriasis works at the immunity level and aims to restore the deviated functioning of our immune system. Homeopathy for Psoriasis is the most reliable, nontoxic and safe option. Homeocare International offers constitutional homeopathy treatment for Psoriasis. These homeopathic remedies offered by our passionate homeopaths do not just aim to suppress the symptoms, instead, they work by correcting the root cause of Psoriasis. These prescribed homeopathic remedies for psoriasis are specific to each and every individual and are recommended based on the symptoms and detailed history of the individual.
In order to control Psoriasis, it is very crucial to know about it, its types, causes and symptoms.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a chronic inflammatory skin disorder resulted due to the hyperactive immune system. Under Psoriasis, people experience red, inflamed patches on skin covered with whitish silver scales. These patches most often appear on knees, elbow, back, scalp, nails and feet. This condition mainly occurs when skin cells proliferate profusely. Due to this rapid growth of new cells, the immature cells keep getting pushed to the top of the skin and when they reach the top they get collapsed and form thick patches on the skin. In most of the cases, these patches are not itchy, whereas few people may experience severe itching along with burning sensation.
Types of Psoriasis
Depending on the symptoms and areas that got affected, Psoriasis is classified into 5 types, namely
- Plaque Psoriasis- It is the most common type of Psoriasis where people face raised red patches with silvery scales which mostly appear on areas like scalp, elbows and knees.
- Guttate Psoriasis- Under this type the skin lesions are small and are covered with fine scales. This type mainly affects trunk, arms, legs and scalp.
- Inverse Psoriasis- This type particularly affects the skin in the armpits, in the groin, under the breast and around the genitals. Under this type people usually experience patches of red and inflamed skin. This type is mainly triggered due to fungal infections.
- Pustular Psoriasis- Under this type people experience pus-filled blisters on their hands, feet and fingertips.
- Erythrodermic Psoriasis- this type causes widespread inflammation which covers the entire body associated with symptoms like red rash, severe itching and burning sensation.
Causes of Psoriasis
The exact cause of Psoriasis isn’t fully understood, but factors like family history and immune disorders are said to play a crucial role in its development. Below are few factors which may trigger psoriasis symptoms
- Viral and bacterial infections
- Dry and cold weather
- Excess alcohol consumption
- Vitamin D deficiency
Symptoms of Psoriasis
Symptoms of Psoriasis vary greatly for each individual based on the type and severity of the condition.
- Red raised scaly patches
- Dry and cracked skin
- Itching and burning sensation
- Thick and pitted nails
- Swollen and painful joints
- Dry skin
As Psoriasis is a chronic condition, it cannot be cured completely. One can get significant relief from Psoriasis with Homeopathy.