Urticaria also referred as Hives is an allergic skin disorder. Around 1 in every 5 people faces this situation once in their lifetime. It affects people of all age groups and genders equally. People under this condition, experience raised red bumps on different areas of the body with intense itching. In a few cases, swelling goes away on its own within 24 hours, whereas in few other people it can lead to some severe complications. Fortunately, you can control Urticaria using Homeopathy. Homeopathy offers best treatment for hives. Homeocare International controls Urticaria using Constitutional Homeopathy. The constitutional homeopathic remedies for hives offered by our professional homeopaths works by balancing our immune system, reducing allergic sensitivity and by stimulating the body’s own healing mechanism.
What is Urticaria?
As we all know, our skin is the largest organ in our body and protects our internal organ. Several factors like pollution, weather changes, allergies, autoimmune disorders and others adversely affects our skin and leads to several skin disorders. Urticaria (Hives) is one among those skin disorders and occurs as a result of body’s reaction to certain allergens. Under Urticaria people experience red, swollen and itchy rash on the skin. This rash varies in size and can appear anywhere on the body.
Types of Urticaria
Urticaria can be of 2 types, namely
- Acute Urticaria- This is the most common type. If the symptoms last less than 6 weeks, then it is termed as Acute Urticaria. This is mainly caused when people meet with their allergic substances like food, insects and so on.
- Chronic Urticaria- If the symptoms last longer than 6 weeks, it is referred to as Chronic Urticaria. The exact cause of Chronic Urticaria is not clear, but few underlying auto-immune disorders like Thyroid, Lupus are said to trigger this condition.
Causes of Urticaria
When our body meets with some allergens, our body releases a protein called histamine and other chemicals as a part of allergic reaction and this leads to rash or hives. The rash may also appear due to some autoimmune disorders also.
Triggers of Urticaria
- Parasites and insects
- Excess scratching
- Exposure to sunlight
- Certain foods
- Excess intake of alcohol
- Animal dander or contact with other allergens
Symptoms of Urticaria
- Appearance of pink or red coloured rash
- Itching and burning sensation
- Inflammation (Angioedema) around lips, eyelids and inside the throat
- The size of the rashes varies greatly
Symptoms of Urticaria worsen when met with triggers.
Tests to detect Urticaria
Acute Urticaria does not need any diagnosing tests and it can be detected by examining the rash present on the skin. Whereas Chronic Urticaria can be detected with below tests
- TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone)
Urticaria treatment at Homeocare International
Homeocare International offers Constitutional Homeopathy treatment for Urticaria and controls it without any side effects. Most suitable homeopathic remedies for Urticaria are prescribed based on the symptoms, severity and health history of the individual and hence are very effective.