Pain, discomfort or burning sensation while urinating is treated as painful urination. Painful urination is also called as dysuria. Though men and women face dysuria, it is mostly seen in women. Older men are at an increased risk of dysuria than young people.
Painful urination is caused due to several factors like
One of the most common causes of painful urination is UTI (urinary tract infection). Infection can affect any part of urinary tract like kidneys, ureters (these are the tubes that carry urine from kidneys to urinary bladder), bladder and urethra (it is a narrow tube that carries urine out of the body from the bladder).
When the bacteria through urethra enter into the urinary tract it leads to urinary tract infections (UTIs). Many factors and health conditions increase the risk of urinary tract infections (UTI), like
- Gender (women are at an increased risk)
- Enlarged prostate
- Stones in kidney
- Bearing a child (conceived women)
- Usage of urinary catheter
Along with painful urination people with UTI have other symptoms like fever, bad smelling urine, discoloured urine, frequently urinating, increased urge to urinate and flank pain.
In few conditions vaginal infections like yeast infections can also lead to painful urination. People with vaginal infection experience few differences in vaginal discharge and smell.
Along with above factors, painful urination is also caused due to transmitted infections like STDs like genital herpes, Chlamydia and gonorrhea. These STDs along with painful urination also leads to several other symptoms like
- Burning sensation
- Blisters in case of genital herpes
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Irritation or inflammation of urinary tract
Painful urination is also caused due to irritation or inflammation of the urinary tract or genital area. Along with infections, irritation and inflammation is caused due to several factors like
- Irritation of urethra due to intercourse
- Stones present in urinary tract
- Painful bladder syndrome or interstitial cystitis
- Changes in vagina due to menopause
- Few activities like riding horseback or bicycling
- Sensitivity or irritation of vagina due to several product like soaps, toilet paper and so on
- Side effects due to few treatments and prescriptions
- Development of Tumors in urinary tract
Contact your homeopath at Homeocare International to get accurate treatment for painful urination or dysuria. Based on the symptoms, health history and theory of individualization your homeopathy doctor will prescribe treatment and remedies.