Do not neglect if your partner complains about your snoring or having pause or interruption in breathing while you are asleep, as this is not a common symptom. It can be due to a serious sleeping disorder named Sleep Apnea. Under sleep apnea, your body and brain fail to get enough oxygen due to frequent halts in breathing. Sleep apnea if left untreated, triggers your risk of several chronic disorders like hypertension, diabetes, depression, heart problems, stroke and so on. Hence controlling it is very crucial. Homeopathy for sleep apnea is highly recommended as it controls the symptoms and treats your condition by addressing the underlying root cause of the problem. At Homeocare International, expert homeopaths treat sleep apnea using Constitutional Homeopathy. Experienced homeopaths at Homeocare International prescribe most suitable and personalized homeopathic remedies for sleep apnea after complete case study and careful analysis of individual’s symptoms, severity, health history and so on. These personalized remedies are safe, side effects and at the same time are very effective.
Today let us in detail discuss Sleep apnea, its symptoms, causes and also about few side effects which are allied with sleep apnea.
About Sleep apnea
Sleep apnea as discussed is a severe sleeping disorder where people experience short fleeting pauses in breathing while they are asleep. This pause in breathing can last for few seconds to few minutes. Few people face continuous halts in breathing whereas, few others or speaking of severe cases, stops breathing hundreds of time just in one night.
Types of Sleep apnea
There are two major types of Sleep apnea, they are
- Obstructive Sleep apnea (OSA) – This type of sleep apnea occurs when individuals airways get blocked or occur when the soft tissues present at the back of the throat collapse while sleeping. This is the most common type of sleep apnea
- Central sleep apnea (CSA) – This second type of sleep apnea occurs when the brain fails to send signals to the airway muscles.
Causes of Sleep apnea
Factors which causes Sleep apnea include
- Age (Above 40 years of age)
- Family history of sleep apnea
- Gender (men when compared to women are more prone to sleep apnea)
- Being obese
- Having a large neck
- GERD (gastroesophageal reflux )
- Sinus infection
- Deviated septum
Symptoms of Sleep apnea
Few indicative symptoms of Sleep apnea are
- Snoring loudly
- Feeling tired and sleepy during day time due to lack of enough night sleep
- Lack of concentration and forgetfulness
- Feeling irritated and depressed
- Low libido
Side effects of Sleep apnea
If left untreated, sleep apnea triggers the risk of several health conditions like
- Heart attack
- Kidney failure
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Metabolic syndrome
Remedies to control Sleep apnea
Sleep apnea can be controlled by following the below- mentioned lifestyle changes.
- Quit smoking
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Eat healthy and fibre- rich foods
- Reduce your alcohol intake
- Exercise regularly
To control Sleep apnea and to enjoy an uninterrupted sleep, visit your nearest Homeocare International branch and consult with our qualified homeopaths.