Every newsletter and magazine now shows the epidemics of obesity, diabetes, fibromyalgia, cancer, arthritis, heart diseases and many more. The tremendous change in lifestyle is not only a cause of negative affects on mind, body and health but is also a call for many chronic diseases. One of which is Obesity. Overweight and Obesity has now became the serious concern to be think of.
Here’s some facts about Obesity that all must be aware of:
What is Obesity?
Obesity is the excess proportion of total body fat. The common measures of obesity is BMI or body mass index. The person is stated as overweight if his or her BMI is between 25 to 29, and is considered obese if his or her BMI is over 30.
Now what is this BMI it means body mass index is a tool used to calculate weight relative to height. Simple formula to calculate BMI is:
BMI= Weight in pounds x 703 / (height in inches) squared.
Let’s know the cause of Obesity:
The fundamental cause of Obesity is the imbalance between the calories consumed and calories utilised.
- Increased intake of processed foods, fat foods, salts, sugars and low in vitamins, minerals and other micro-nutrients essential for body.
- Decrease in the physical activity and exercise due to sedentary forms of work and changing modes of transportation.
Nowadays childhood Obesity is a growing problem between the ages 6 and 17.
Again the cause is increased intake of junk food diets, watching television accompanied by snacks, increased time playing video games and computer watching and no physical activity and exercise, thereby leading to diseases like hypertension, Diabetes, joint pains and many more in an early age.
Additional factors causing Obesity are:
- Genetic disorders.
- Underlying illness( as hypothyroidism).
- Certain medications.
- Inadequate sleep.
Obesity may increase the risk of many diseases such as:
- Type 2 diabetes.
- Coronary heart diseases.
- Social and psychological problems.
Homeopathy Treatment for Obesity:
Homeopathic treatment is the safest treatment bearing less pain. Constitutional treatment is the natural treatment for obesity. Constitutional approach means, An individual, his character, presentation, his occupation, mode of living and habits and his social relations and his age and sex. Homeopathic treatment for obesity is based on treating the cause of disease. For example if obesity is due to hormonal diseases like hypothyroidism then it will be concentrating on treating hypothyroidism. Besides the treatment, proper diet and physical exercise should go hand to hand with the treatment.
Do’s and Dont’s for Obesity:
Do’s for Obesity
- Eat wheat,barley and maize, recommended vegetables are bitter-gourd, long gourd and drumsticks.
- Drink warm water.
- Brisk walk for 30 mins.
- Meditation and yoga for stress control.
- Practice limited diet.
- Reduce the intake after 5 pm.
- A proper diet chart also has helped a lot to reduce weight.
Dont’s for obesity
- Avoid excess intake of rice and potatoes which contains a lots amount of carbohydrates.
- Avoid processed and junk foods.
- Avoid oily and fried food.
- Avoid sweets and bakery products.
- Avoid sedentary habits.
The information above provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace your Doctor’s or Expert’s opinion/advice.