In this rapidly changing lifestyle people need to aware of their health and fitness,as observed in these days some of the older diseases are taking its place in early age.One of which is Diabetes, which ranks 7th in the list of patients who are on death bed.A healthy diet, few minutes of exercise and a knowledge about the disease can keep us away from such diseases.
Here’s a little introduction about Diabetes.
Diabetes is a degenerative metabolic disorder which results from the body’s incapacity to effectively utilize the insulin that it produces for its needs.
- Type 1 diabetes: Also known as insulin dependent diabetes(IDDM). Patients with type 1 diabetes produces low or no insulin. It is caused by auto immune reaction.
Age: It mainly occurs in children or young adults.
- Type 2 diabetes: Also known as non insulin dependent diabetes(NIDDM). Patient with type 2 diabetes does not produce enough insulin or the body does not use the insulin produced effectively.
Age: Ninety percent of the cases are with type 2 diabetes including most of the children’s.
- Gestational diabetes: It is rare and is temporary which occurs during pregnancy.
Age: Occurs in few cases with an increased risk of developing diabetes in both mother and child.
Common symptoms for type1 and type 2 diabetes are:
- Fatigue- increased weakness due to inability of the cells to metabolize glucose efficiently.
- Polyphagia- increased hunger due to the insulin produced due to high blood sugar levels.
- Polyuria- increased urination due to excess glucose present in the body which is excreted through urine.
- Polydipsia- Increased thirst.
- Weight loss.
- Blurring of vision.
- Bad wound healing which results from the high blood sugar which limit the flourishing of WBC which do not work properly and there is poor wound healing.
Homoeopathic Management of Diabetes:
In homoeopathy we prescribe advanced researched based constitutional medicines,as homoeopathy takes the disease as a total affliction of body. In case of Diabetes we concentrate on management rather then cure of disease.Appropriate medication on time will not only help maintaining the sugar levels but will also prevent further progress and complications of disease.
Do’s and Dont’s for Diabetes:
- Eat food high in fibres as whole grains,legumes and fresh vegetables.
- Moderate physical activity 30 min a day can prevent type2 Diabetes.
- Avoid refined carbs as white bread,pasta or white rice.
- Avoid junk foods,processed foods and sweets.