What are Spondylo Arthropathies?
Spondylo Arthropathies is a chronic joint disease of the spine. Spondylo Arthropathies is also called as seronegative spondyloarthropathies or Spondyloarthritis. Spondylo arthropathies include inflammation of the spine, eyes, skin and gastrointestinal tract. Spondylo arthropathies mainly involves the places where ligaments and tendons attach to bones called enthuses. Spondylo arthropathies are classified into axial spondyloarthropathies or peripheral spondyloarthropathies. Axial spondylo arthropathies affects the spine and sacroiliac joints, whereas peripheral spondylo arthropathies affects the parts like finger joints, arm joints, foot joints, and leg joints. Pain and swelling in arms and legs is the common symptom seen in many people with peripheral spondyloarthropathies. Spondylo Arthropathies is seen in children and adults. Spondylo Arthropathies in children is called juvenile spondyloarthropathies. There are different types of spondyloarthropathies like
- Ankylosing spondylitis or rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis (PsA)
- Reactive arthritis (ReA)
- Enteropathic arthritis or inflammatory bowel disease
- Juvenile enthesitis-related arthritis
- Undifferentiated spondyloarthritis
What are the major causes and symptoms?
Spondylo Arthropathies is hereditary, many genes i.e. up to 30 different genes can cause it. HLA-B27 gene is mainly seen in people with Spondylo Arthropathies. Approximately 90% of the people with Spondylo Arthropathies carry the HLA-B27 gene. Ankylosing spondylitis or rheumatoid arthritis is mainly caused due to the HLA-B27 gene. Other causes of Spondylo Arthropathies are not known. Enteropathic arthritis or inflammatory bowel disease may be caused when bacteria enter bowels.
Symptoms of Spondylo Arthropathies differ from person to person and also differ based on the type of Spondylo Arthropathies. The most common symptoms of Spondylo Arthropathies are low back pain, fatigue and morning stiffness in the back or neck. Other symptoms of Spondylo Arthropathies are
- Ankylosing spondylitis- symptoms include hip and low back pain, stiffness, fatigue, mild fever, weight loss and pain in neck, shoulders, knees, and ankles.
- Psoriatic arthritis- symptoms include pain in the neck.
- Reactive arthritis- symptoms include inflammation of the spine, urinary tract, joints, and eyes.
- Enteropathic arthritis- symptoms include pain in the spine, arms and legs joints, abdominal pain and hematochezia.
- Juvenile arthritis- has pain in pelvis, hips, ankles and knees.
- Undifferentiated spondyloarthritis- causes pain in the lower back, buttocks, and heels.
How to overcome Spondylo Arthropathies?
There’s no particular curative treatment for spondyloarthropathies. Spondylo arthropathies treatment provides relief from symptoms like pain and stiffness, controls deformity, slower disease progression. Individuals can overcome spondylo arthropathies through physical exercises and a healthy diet. Stretching’s, breathing exercises and posture exercises are very useful to overcome spondyloarthropathies. Fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, fiber, lean protein, fish and calcium-rich foods are very helpful to reduce inflammation.
Homeopathy treatment for Spondylo Arthropathies?
Homeopathy for spondylo arthropathies is a natural way of treatment. Homeopathic remedies for spondylo arthropathies is safe and free from side effects as they are made of natural substances extracted from plants, vegetables and animal based. Homeopathy for spondylo arthropathies treatment provides relief from symptoms and also lowers the risks, controls deformity and slower disease progression in long run. Homeopathy treatment to overcome spondylo arthropathies treatment is very effective, safe and can be used for all age groups.