Eczema is a skin disease where our skin becomes inflamed and itchy. People with eczema have red, itchy, dry, cracked and inflamed skin. Eczema is also known as Dermatitis. Eczema is a chronic skin disorder which starts mostly in childhood. In few cases it stops in childhood and in few others it continues further. People with eczema may develop allergies and asthma in future. When skin meets with an allergen or other substances it becomes red, inflamed and itchy. Eczema is not a contagious disease; it will not spread from one person to another.
Depending on the skin types and reaction on the skin. There are several types of eczema like
- Atopic eczema- this is a genetic type of eczema caused due to inhaling allergies. It causes patches or inflammation on cheeks, neck, elbow, knee and ankles.
- Irritant eczema- it is caused due to excessive use of washing soaps and toxic substances.
- Allergic contact dermatitis- it is due to exposure to the allergens
- Stasis dermatitis- caused due to poor circulation in veins
- Fungal infections- caused due to fungal infection
- Scabies- caused due to burrowing itch mites and may have rash.
- Dyshidrotic eczema or pompholyx- irritation on hands and feet described by blisters
- Neurodermatitis- patches on skin on head, forearms, wrist and legs. Caused due to insect bite.
- Nummular eczema- coin shaped patches which can be itchy.
- Xerotic eczema- skin cracks due to dryness
- Seborrheic eczema- oily and yellow patches on scalp and face.
Among these types of eczema, the atopic eczema is the most common type of eczema. Eczema has no cure, the treatment helps to treat the patches or affected skin.
Causes and symptoms of Eczema
Genetics and environmental factors lead to eczema in many people, several other factors that lead to eczema are
- Allergens like dust mites, pollen and pets
- Infection due to bacteria, virus and fungi
- Cold and dry weather
- Certain foods
- Some soaps with chemicals
- Cosmetics and perfumes
Common symptoms seen in many individuals with eczema are
- Red inflamed skin
- Bumpy rashes
- Patches or scales on skin
- Itching sensation
- Rough and leathery scales
Symptoms of eczema may differ from children to elders, they also depend on the type of eczema and severity.
Homeopathic treatment for eczema
Homeopathic treatment for eczema is very efficient and holistic way of treating eczema. Homeopathy offers eczema treatment in two stages like in first stage homeopathy treats the scales, Patches and irritation. Whereas in second stage of eczema treatment, homeopathy controls the causes and future occurrence. Homeopathic treatment for eczema uses natural substances in the treatment. Eczema treatment in homeopathy is based on the symptoms, area of infection, genetic history and individualization. Homeopathic treatment for eczema is safe, natural and has no side effects. Homeopathy offers eczema natural treatment, it uses substances extracted from plants, vegetables and minerals. Professional homeopath’s offer eczema natural treatment which is gentle, effective and non addictive. Eczema natural treatment in homeopathy can be used for all age groups.