Diabetes or diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder which affects body’s ability to produce or use insulin. People with Diabetes Disorders face high or low glucose levels in body. High glucose levels in body fluids are called as hyperglycemia and low body sugar or glucose levels is called hypoglycaemia.
Can Diabetes people eat sweet fruits?
Many people often say that individuals with diabetes should not eat certain fruits as they contain more sugar. Fruits are very beneficial for health as they contain vitamins, minerals and fibre. Including fruits in diet also reduce the risk of developing certain diseases like hypertension, Obesity Disorders, cardiovascular diseases and so on. Fruits plays crucial role in healthy diabetes friendly diet. Fruits contain both soluble and insoluble fibre which helps in digestion, maintains sugar levels and gives the feeling of satiety. Intake of low to moderate portion of fruits helps to control sugar levels, hypertension, healthy weight and lowers fats. Many fruits have low glycaemic index. Intake of certain fresh fruits is beneficial for people with diabetes. Avoid intake of canned fruits and fruit juices as they raise glucose levels in the body. The portion of fruits to be taken depends on the carbohydrate content of the fruits. People can have moderate amount of low carbohydrate fruits and low portion of high carbohydrate fruits. Including fruits in diet helps to reduce inflammation, helps in losing Excess weight and useful for heart health.
List of fruits with description
Fruits that are beneficial for people with diabetes are
- Apples- apples are loaded with antioxidants, zinc, iron and high fibre which are more suitable for Diabetics Disorder people. Apples reduce cholesterol levels, boost immune system, aids digestion and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Guava- it is rich in dietary fibre, vitamin A, vitamin C and has low glycaemic index. It helps people with diabetes in controlling glucose levels and ease constipation.
- Oranges- oranges are great option for people with diabetes. Oranges are filled with vitamin C, fibre and have low glycaemic index. This fruit can be included in regular diet.
- Kiwi- a brown fruit with millions of seeds is a good source of potassium, fibre and vitamin C. It helps to control the sugar levels in the body and can be added in regular healthy diabetic diet.
- Pomegranate- it is high in antioxidants and great source of iron. It contains various minerals and nutrients which help in controlling sugar levels.
Other fruits like avocado, watermelon, grapes, figs, berries and many others are also beneficial for diabetics when consumed in low to moderate portions.
Homeopathy treatment for Diabetes
Homeopathy treatment for diabetes is a natural way of regularizing glucose levels in the body. Diabetes treatment in homeopathy works by treating pancreas disorders. Diabetes treatment using homeopathy has no side effects and safe as it uses natural substances in treatment. Homeopathy treatment for diabetes not just focuses on the diabetes but also treats a person as whole. Homeopathy improves immunity and reduces the risk of several health illnesses and infections. Homeopathy works very effectively for all types of diabetes and it can be used by all age groups.