Thyroid dysfunctions are conditions that affect thyroid gland, present in the front of the neck. The thyroid plays a vital role to regulate abundant metabolic processes all over the body. Thyroid disorders affect its structure or functioning. If this disease is ignored it leads to several other complications. Thus, individuals suffering from thyroid disease should consult the doctor immediately for the treatment. Homeopathy treatment is the best remedy to cure the thyroid disease from its root cause.
What is Thyroid Gland?
Thyroid gland is one of the major and significant glands of Human Body. It is butterfly-shaped gland in the front of the neck. This gland is situated below the Adam’s apple wrapped around the trachea (windpipe). A thin area of tissue in the gland’s middle, called as the isthmus, blends the two thyroid lobes on each side. The thyroid uses iodine to produce vital hormones known as triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4) hormones. The functioning of thyroid gland is under the control of pituitary gland, which is present at the base of the brain.
Thyroid hormones control many body activities, including how fast you burn calories & how fast your heart beats. Based on the amount of hormone production in your body, you may feel restless or tired, or you may lose or gain weight. Women are more probable than men to have thyroid diseases, mainly right after pregnancy & after menopause. The following are the two types of thyroid problems seen in individuals:
The excess proportion of thyroid hormones in the body, leads to Hyperthyroidism. This problem is seen in individuals irrespective of their age. However, it is mainly seen in individuals between 20 and 40 years of age. This disease should not be ignored, if it is ignored it turn severe and leads to various complications. Hypothyroidism is seen in nearly 80% of patients & Hyperthyroidism is seen in remaining 20% of patients.
Hypothyroidism is one of the most common thyroid problems that causes because of the production of less Thyroid hormones. Mostly children and women suffer from this disease.
How Thyroid Gland is inflamed?
Inflammation of Thyroid Gland is called as Thyroiditis. It is caused due to infection, such as a virus or bacteria that works in the same way as antibodies and cause Thyroid gland inflammation. Inflammation of Thyroid Gland results in excess release of hormones resulting in temporary hyperthyroidism that usually lasts a few weeks and may persist for months.
Thyroid Causes & symptoms
The following are the some of the causes of thyroid problems:
- Graves’ disease: Production of too much thyroid Hormone
- Toxic adenomas: Developed nodules in the thyroid gland and begin to secrete thyroid hormones, disturbs the body’s chemical balance. Some goitres may hold these sort of various nodules.
- Subacute thyroiditis: Inflammation of thyroid gland results in the ‘leak’ of excess hormones, resulting in temporary hyperthyroidism. The condition usually lasts a few weeks, but it may continue for months.
- The malfunctioning of Pituitary gland or cancerous growths in the thyroid gland also leads to thyroid problems.
Thyroid problems also caused due to the following reasons:
- Hashimoto’s disease: It is autoimmune disorder, the body’s immune system attacks thyroid tissue, due to which tissue eventually dies & produces less hormones or stops producing hormones.
- Exposure to extreme amounts of iodide also causes Thyroid problems
The following are the symptoms of Thyroid disease both Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism
- Less sweat
- Muscle weakness
- Skin dryness
- Increase of forgetfulness especially in aged people
- Increase in body weight
- Hair loss
- Changes in menstrual patterns
- Affect in children’s growth and
- Weight loss even after proper intake of food
- Difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
- Heart palpitations
- Heat intolerance
- Increased sweating
- Emotionally intense frustration
- Muscle weakness
- Light menstrual periods
Thyroid Treatment in Homeopathy
In the present era, no need to use medicines throughout the life for the thyroid. With the best homeopathy treatment, the root cause of the disease is identified and cured. At Homeocare International, patient’s physical conditions and symptoms are considered and by using constitutional method the hormones production can be balanced and disease can be cured without side effects.