Have you ever noticed your son or daughter wetting bed in a deep sleep? Unknowingly or in an unconscious stage during the deep sleep they may wet the bed as, they can’t feel it. This problem is not only seen in your children, but also in many others. Of 100 children, nearly 2 of them face this problem. In medical terminology this problem is called as Nocturnal Enuresis. It is also called as bedwetting or sleepwetting. In children the bladder control usually takes place between 2 to 5 years. But nearly 30% of children below 5 years, 5% of children below 10 years, and 2% of adults due to uncontrollable bladder recurrent involuntary passage of urine occurs during night time. Even though, if individuals are not suffering from nerve diseases, or problems related to urinary system, and if their age is over 5 years and they are still wetting bed, then it is called as Primary Nocturnal Enuresis or Some children have always wet the bed since being little and this is known as primary nocturnal enuresis. This sort of disease mainly occurs due to lack of growth. After sometime this problem gets solved by itself. However, others will have been dry for months, sometimes years, and then start wetting the bed. If a child has been dry for longer than 6 months and then starts bedwetting, this is known as secondary nocturnal enuresis (SNE). Secondary enuresis is a condition that develops at least six months — or even several years — after a person has learned to control his or her bladder. It mainly causes due to some infections. It depends on the growth of urinary system nerves. Usually, when the bowels are full, it can put pressure on the bladder and send signals to brain through nerves to pass urine, after which bowels gets empty. But, in individuals suffering with Nocturnal Enuresis, they lose control over the urinary bladder during the nighttime and due to which urinary incontinence wets the bed.
In our body ADH hormone helps in producing less urine. But in some individuals, due to the improper formation Of ADH hormone, large amount of urine is produced, which results in bed-wetting.
Urinary Bladder Problems
Smaller size of urinary bladder
- Due to the contraction of the muscles of the open-ended for many times, the urinary bladder unable to control urination which leads to Nocturnal Enuresis problem.
- In some individuals this problem also arises due to the hereditary.
- Diabetes is also a main cause of Nocturnal Enuresis in some of the individuals. Due to the lack of Insulin hormone, our body tissues unable to identify the sugar levels in the blood. This results in the spread of sugar levels in the blood, and kidneys produce larger amount of urine and tires to excretory the sugar levels. During this process, the urine produced is more than the size of the urinary bladder, and thus involuntary urination takes places while asleep.
- The other causes of Nocturnal Enuresis are down’s syndrome, Spina bifida and so on.
- Constipation, Stress, Fear, Concern are some of the other causes of Nocturnal Enuresis.
- Wetting again after having stayed dry is due to some urine infections
- Pain, burning sensation while passing urine, fever, backache are some of the symptoms.
In most of the cases for Nocturnal Enuresis problem, no test is required. Based on the symptoms and individuals conditions, family medical history, allergy reasons, stool passing, urination and others, this disease can be confirmed. In some cases, blood test, urine test, serum electrolytes, ultra sound abdomen, IVP tests are conducted to verify other diseases such as diabetes, urine infection, constipation and others.
Homeocare International Treatment
For Nocturnal Enuresis problem, at Homeocare International, safest and complete treatment is given for children’s of all ages and adults to cure this disease permanently. In Homeopathy Treatment, children’s likes, dislikes, behavior, fears and causes of disease such as stress, infections, chronic constipation, diabetes, genetical disorders are completely recognized and by providing genetic constitutional medicines urinary bladder functioning will be improved and controls the involuntary urination problem while awake or asleep.