Immune system of our body is a natural defence system which protects our body from germs and other diseases. But sometimes body’s own immune system attacks different organs of the body and leads to several autoimmune disorders. Ankylosing spondylitis is also one among the auto immune disorders. In general spine problems are mainly caused due to narrowing of spine and disc damages but this ankylosing spondylitis is mainly caused when our body’s immune system attacks the cells in spine. Due to inflammation our spine bones fuse together and lead to ankylosing spondylitis. This problem is generally seen among the young people of age 15 to 20 years and it is mostly seen in men. Men are three times at an increased risk of developing it than women. The structure of spine is formed with different discs, muscles, ligaments, tendons and cartilage. This helps us to bend and do other body movements. When spine bones or vertebrae grow and fuse together, spine loses its natural flexibility and becomes stiff as bamboo. This condition is also referred as bamboo spine.
Genetic factor splays an important role in ankylosing spondylitis. Especially 90% of the people suffering from ankylosing spondylitis have a gene called HLAB27. Family history also plays a crucial role in ankylosing spondylitis.
- Face normal to sever pain in low back, sacroiliac joints and buttocks.
- Due to over growth of bones and fusion of spine bones, people face pain and stiffness around spine, neck and lower back. It also affects its ability to move.
- Ankylosing spondylitis not just affects spine but also affects joints of hands and legs, heart and lungs also.
- About 40% of the people with this condition face eye problems like redness, pain, burning sensation, blurred vision etc.
- Along with the above people also face few other symptoms like fever, fatigue, loss of appetite and so on.
Diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis depends on different factors like
- C-Reactive protein
- MRI of spine
- Test for HLAB 27
Side effects or complications
- It leads to fractures in spine as the spine bones are affected with osteoporosis.
- People face numbness and pinching sensation in hands and legs due to pressure on spine nerves.
- Faces breathing disorders as lungs are affected
- Due to high prescriptions it can also lead to kidney disorders
Treatment at Homeocare International
Ankylosing spondylitis is a chronic disorder. We can prevent spine damage with early detection and treatment. With the help of constitutional homeopathy treatment we can not only treat its symptoms like numbness, pain and so on but can also treat it by eliminating the root cause of the problem. By examining the physical and emotional symptoms using genetic constitutional similimum method the root cause of the problem is determined. Using this information ankylosing spondylitis can be eliminated or it can be controlled and we can also protect ourselves from the complications of the disorder.